This is my food blog. Enjoy!
February 25, 2009 at 7:00 pm
* 1 c grated cheddar cheese .
* salt & pepper .
* 2 c flour .
* 1 tbsp grated onions .
* 1 tsp salt .
* Potato Filling .
* Dough .
* 1/2 c water .
* 2 tbsps butter .
* 1 egg .
* 4-6 medium potatoes .
* 1 tbsp butter, melted .
* 1/2 c cold mashed potatoes
* Step #1 Potato Filling.
* Step #2 Cook the onion in 2 Tbsp butter until tender.
* Step #3 Add onions & cheese to hot cooked potatoes & mash thoroughly.
* Step #4 Spice up to taste with salt & pepper.
* Step #5 Set aside & let cool to about room temp before using.
* Step #6 Dough.
* Step #7 Mix 2 c flour & salt in a deep bowl.
* Step #8 Add egg, mashed potatoes, 1 Tbsp melted butter & enough water to make medium soft dough.
* Step #9 Knead on floured board until smooth.
* Step #10 Divide dough into two parts – Cover up & let this stand for at least ten mins.
* Step #11 Roll dough thin on floured board.
* Step #12 Cut dough into 2-1/2 inch squares.
* Step #13 Place a spoonful of filling on each square – fold over to form triangle.
* Step #14 Press edges together with fingers.
* Step #15 Place pyrohy on floured board & cover with tea towel to prevent drying.
* Step #16 Drop a few pyrohy at a time into large quantity of rapidly boiling salted water – do not cook too many at a time.
* Step #17 Stir carefully with wooden spoon to separate & prevent from sticking to bottom of pot.
* Step #18 Continue to cook for 3 – 4 mins.
* Step #19 Pyrohy is ready when it begins to float or is well puffed.
* Step #20 Remove with perforated spoon to colander & drain thoroughly.
* Step #21 Place in deep dish, sprinkle & toss generously with melted butter & lightly browned onions in butter.
* Step #22 Serve with sour cream and/or sliced crisp bacon.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Blog at WordPress.com.
Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS)